Monday, November 10, 2008

Wow...

Day two of training. It's currently taking all I have just to type this. I'm pooped. Beyond pooped! My arms are shaking right now. It's good thing I can type this and I don't have to write it by hand!

Why am I so tired you ask?

Well today was a swim workout and I decided to go all out (again). Since swimming is my strongest sport my thought is to use my swim workouts to push myself as far as I can. I'm also putting a lot of effort and focus into perfecting my stroke - all in all it requires a lot of concentration and it's a lot of work. But man will it pay off! :)

So tonight I went in thinking I wanted to better last week's workout. I did. I swam 2200 meters (1.4 miles) AND (for anyone who knows something about swimming) I brought my strokes per length down by about 3 strokes! All I did was make a few minor changes and POOF I was swimming more efficiantly. I know as my endurance improves and I get used to this changed swimming style that I'll be able to shave off a few more.

The only 'mishap' of the night was at the end. I was trying to be all 'macho' and 'pop' out of the pool onto the desk. Problem was as I launched myself out of the pool my left calf cramped... BAD! I had to dump back into the pool and try and get it worked out. I did work it out but MAN did it hurt - it still hurts now and will probably be sore for a few more days :|

Well - I should get to bed now! Thanks to everyone for their support and donations so far!

2 comments:

triguyjt said...

awesome that you are getting the efficiency of the stroke down...

good luck...its very noble what you are doing....

all the best
jt

Shawn said...

thank you! I appreciate your support. Honestly it took me swallowing a bit of pride to make the changes to my swim stroke. I've been swimming since I was 18 months old. Did AAU and synchronized swimming in Jr High and basically thought I had it down. But I figured I would keep an open mind and boy am I glad I did!