Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm Back!!

Just got in from Hawaii this morning!  What a trip!

The first and best news - I finished the Lavaman!  

I finished in less then 5 hours, and wonder of all wonders I wasn't last! :)  As I had expected my best event was the swim - I was pleased to find myself in the middle of the pack :)  and I did the 1 mile swim (and the run to transition) in 39:32.

My transitions were LONG - but they were intentionally long.  I took my time and made sure I was ready before heading out - T1 = 10:46

Unfortunately, terrible headwinds made the bike a torture session.  They said after these were the worse conditions they had ever had for Lavaman.  I had planned on the bike taking 2 hours and with the conditions was actually pleased to come in at 2:10:54

Again I made a slow transition.  I really do think I was trying to put off the inevitable - that 6 mile run.  T2 - 11:36 I promise a more detailed race report when I've had more then 4 hours sleep :)  but let's just say my plan to keep a 15 min/mile pace went out the window and I was just happy to 'crawl' in at 1:46:23

Total time:  4:59:11

I did it!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats, Triathlete!!! I am very happy for you! Woo Hoo!

o2bhiking said...

I am proud of you, Triathlete Shawn. Well done! Hope it is great memories for you. Art

PS: I did a mission moment this week for our tri-team during their swim. I really think I need to learn to swim, find the cash for a bike, and do a tri next year for TNT!

Rainmaker said...

Congrats on the finish. I saw some pics from someone else that also raced - it looks like some of the official pics are pretty sweet!

Looking forward to the deets.

Shane Leighton Photography said...

Great job Shawn, so proud of you!

~danette~ said...

CONGRATS TRIATHLETE SHAWN! Now, time to recover and get ready to train for the next one! =)

Anniversary Moments said...

Yay!! What an accomplishment! So are you hooked now??? going to dig in and read all about the race, but great job!!